You have to divide your "Find what" text into two parts. You then replace
with \1 \2 (that is, the first part, followed by a space, followed by the
second part).

"stuart s" wrote in message
Jay,
I have read your post with great interest and I find it enlightning,
however, I cannot relate any of your examples to my problem. I am having

no
problem finding text using wildcards, but replacing the found text with

what
was found + modifications is my problem.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

stuart s wrote:
I am searching a text document in Word in order to edit out items
that will not import correctly into an Excel Worksheet. The time
format in the text document reads, for example. "430p". I would like
to find all times in this format by seaching with a wildcard in the
format "***p" and replacing with the found characters with a
modification as "*** p". The result of the above example would be
"430 p".

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

--
Regards,