Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Margins not universal

If you haven't already, have a look at the article referenced by Suzanne in
her reply to your original message. I believe you'll find an answer there

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/22/07 10:33 AM, in article
, "Ion 1.0v"
wrote:

CyberTaz,

Thanks for the information, but the problem relates to a definite structure.
I set the overall document to be an 6" x 9" size sheet with specific
margins. I maintain a font style usage of the Garamond font style at a 12
point size, with left and right justification. The problem that occurs, is
that on one page I will have, let's say 50 lines to text, on another page I
will have 49 or 48, even though nothing has changed in regards to the
structure of the margins, text style, text font size, or sheet size.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Unless the doc has been specifically structured using section breaks the
margin settings *are* "universal" - "hold true" from beginning to end. The
number of lines per page can still vary based on numerous other factors,
such as changes in line spacing, spacing between paragraphs, Widow/Orphan
control, etc.

If you can more accurately describe the situation & what you are hoping to
attain in its place, I'm sure someone will be glad to offer some useful
suggestions.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Ion 1.0v" Ion
wrote in message
Does anyone know how to have the defined margins hold true throughout an
entire document for Word 2002 on an XP platform?

The number of lines of text per page vary throughout a document, even
though
the font is the same?!

Please help.