Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Is there someplace to report grammar checker errors?

It is quite possible for the grammar checker to be fallible, and in fact it
has been amply demonstrated that it is. What is much more of a challenge is
being infallible. I think even the pope manages this only by definition.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
It's almost impossible to be 'fallible' with English grammar because it is
too complex, has too many exceptions to rules; even scholars and reference
books disagree over many of the finer points, let alone simple points such
as the use of the comma. A perfect grammar checker would constantly
dispute it self. So it must be getting close

Terry Farrell

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
But even if a softie were to be there wouldn't something like this be
pretty low priority? I've always felt the grammar checker was designed to
flag areas that you need to scrutinize and wasn't intended to be
infallible.

Beth Melton

While I would not hold my breath waiting, the
microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar newsgroups would be a more
appropriate newsgroup than this one. Very, very, very occasionally,
there is a Microsoft employee who provides responses in that group.