Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default TOC font won't cooperate

The Hyperlink style is by default defined as Default Paragraph Font +
Underline, Font Color: Blue. At some point, TNR must have been added to the
style definition. What makes this very hard to troubleshoot is that the
Hyperlink formatting is suppressed in TOC and REF fields even when they are
hyperlinked. This is pretty obvious when you click in a TOC entry, however,
since Hyperlink is displayed in the Style box (making it that much harder to
actually get to and modify the underlying TOC 1, TOC 2, etc., style).

If you had created a TOC that did not include the \h switch (that is, the
entries would not be hyperlinked, though the page numbers still would be),
you would not have been seeing these issues!

http://word.mvps.org

"christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" u3143@uwe wrote in message
OMG, I found the problem: it's because the Hyperlink style was being
applied
to my TOC. This is where the Times Roman spec was. Each entry had both a
TOC
style and Hyperlink, and it didn't occur to me that Hyperlink was imposing
its own font. (Further mystery: why didn't Hyperlink change the font SIZE?
It
only overrode the Ariel spec.) Thanks for your suggestions.

Terry Farrell wrote:
You create a base style the same as any other style and make sure to base
it
on No Style. If you don't know how to create a style, then read Style in
Microsoft Word here...

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/

Terry

I have a further question about the base style concept. My template has
"Normal", and the other styles are almost based on that. Is that all you

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
coming
from?

--