WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Space between footnote separator and main text

Adjusting Footnote Separator Spacing in Microsoft Word
  1. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Footnote and Endnote" in the "Page Setup" section.
  3. In the "Footnotes" section, click on the "Options" button.
  4. In the "Footnote Separator" section, adjust the "Spacing" options to increase or decrease the space between the footnote separator and the main text. You can also adjust the "Height" option to change the height of the separator line itself.
  5. Click "OK" to save your changes.

If the last line of the footnote text is not always at the bottom of the page, you can adjust the "Keep lines together" option in the "Line and Page Breaks" section of the "Paragraph" dialog box. Here's how:

1. Select the last line of the footnote text.
2. Right-click and select "Paragraph" from the context menu.
3. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, click on the "Line and Page Breaks" tab.
4. Check the box next to "Keep lines together" and click "OK" to save your changes.

This should help ensure that the last line of the footnote text appears close to the bottom of the page. If you still have issues with the spacing or alignment, you may need to adjust other settings such as the margins or page size.