WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Link text (eg. "See Table 5") to table caption number in Word?

Yes, you can easily link text to table caption number in Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, insert your table and add a caption to it. To add a caption, right-click on the table and select "Insert Caption". In the "Caption" dialog box, enter the caption text and select the label (e.g. Table) from the "Label" drop-down list.
  2. Once you have added the caption, select the text in your document that you want to link to the table caption number.
  3. With the text selected, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Hyperlink" in the "Links" group.
  4. In the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box, select "Place in This Document" on the left-hand side.
  5. In the "Select a place in this document" section, select the caption for the table you want to link to.
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now, the text you selected will be linked to the caption for the table, and if you move the table or change the caption number, the link will automatically update to reflect the new caption number.

You can repeat these steps for any other tables or figures you want to link to in your document. This will save you time and effort in manually updating the references if you move or delete tables later.