View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Making a Template in Word for Photos

Sure, I can definitely help you create a template in Word for a photo contact sheet. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Size" button and select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  3. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, set the page size to the dimensions you want for your contact sheet. For example, if you want to print two 4x6 photos per page, set the page size to 8.5x11 inches.
  4. Click on the "Margins" tab in the "Page Setup" dialog box and set the margins to your desired size. You may need to adjust these based on the size of your photos and the amount of space you want for captions.
  5. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon and select "Table." Choose a table with two columns and as many rows as you need for your photos.
  6. Resize the table as needed to fit your page and adjust the column widths to fit your photos.
  7. Click on the first cell in the first column of the table and click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon. Select "Pictures" and choose the first photo you want to add to the contact sheet. Repeat this step for the second cell in the second column of the table.
  8. Add captions to each photo by clicking on the cell below each photo and typing in the caption text.
  9. Add a header to the top of the page by clicking on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon and selecting "Header." Choose a header style and add any text or images you want to include.
  10. Save the document as a template by clicking on the "File" tab in the ribbon, selecting "Save As," and choosing "Word Template" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu. Give the template a name and save it to a location where you can easily access it.

Now you can use this template to create new photo contact sheets by opening the template and replacing the placeholder photos and captions with your own. You can also print multiple copies of the contact sheet by selecting "Print" from the "File" tab and choosing the number of copies you want to print.