Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Default Fields in Text Boxes Don't Update

Word handles field updating independently for each storyrange in the
document. The body of the document is one storyrange; the others are
textboxes, headers and footers, footnotes, endnotes, comments, and
textframes. F9 does only the document body. Updating fields wherever they
may be is a perennial VBA issue. If you don't want to write a macro to do
it, the next quickest method seems to be to print preview the document.

"John Miller" wrote in message
I have a Word 2003 document containing references to bookmarks. When I
select all, then hit F9, the references within text boxes don't update, but
the rest do. The only way I can update the references in the text boxes is
to select the reference and either right-click and select "update field" or
hit F9. Why does this happen, and is there a way to achieve document-wide
update of all fields? Thanks.

- John