Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default "View - Header and Footer" setting not retained

Yo! Try the Print Layout View. That lets you see headers and footers. If
you still don't see your headers and footers you probably got rid of the
"White Space." In the Print Layout view hover the cursor at the bottom/top
of the next page and a little arrow should appear. This lets you toggle the
white space on or off. When the white space is not visible, neither is the
stuff in it, like your headers and footers. See if that helps.

"userinphilly" wrote in
message m...

I'm using Word 2003. I need to know why the "View - Header and Footer"
setting is not retained. Whenever I open Word, the blank default
document does not show the header and footer areas, but it used to.
How did I lose this? Whenever I open a new document or a saved
document, I have to turn on "View - Header and Footer". How did I end
up with this emasculated functionality? Thank you.

--
userinphilly