Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Word 2003, Cannot highlight text with mouse.

Hi MoeMan,

I just tried it in safe mode and I can now
highlight text with the mouse. I restarted Word in normal mode and now
cannot highlight any text with the mouse.

This sounds like an Add-in...

I checked addins and scripts, but none are loaded.

Did you check Tools/COM Add-ins (this has to be added from
Tools/Customize from the Tools category)?

If that's also empty, then this may be a COM Add-in that was installed
for the entire machine (rather than the individual user). See

http://support.microsoft.com/default...d=kb;en;307479

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org