Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How do I set the default paste option to "Match Destination Format

I don't think you could change the default paste settings in Word 2003 (if
so, the options should be in the Tools | Options dialog box).

What you can do, if you are pasting text (no tables, graphics, or objects),
is to paste as "Unformatted Text." You can create a macro for that purpose.
For example:

Sub PasteAsUnformatted()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

If you need assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Outfinity" wrote:

I am copying and pasting from one Word 2003 document to another. Every time I
copy some text from Document 1 and paste it to Document 2, there is a paste
option button that appears. The pasted text defaults to "Keep Source
Formatting" but allows me to change to "Match Destination Formatting" if I
use the paste options button. However, I have to copy and paste a lot of
different text in different places with different styles in Document 2. I
would like the default paste formatting to be "Match Destination Formatting"
without having to choose it every single time I paste. How can I do that?
Thanks so much!