Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ajakibs Ajakibs is offline

Default SQL message?

Hi Beth,

Considering that you have mentioned that you could have some problems
with the access to my thread entitled: "Word 2002: New document Task
Pane - startup problem"; from: Ajakibs (30-05-2008) - I have sent to
your private E-mail address a full copy of it.

Below, I am citing one of the most important part of it. Namely, I have
written:

...."In present situation I can propose the simplest way of the problem
fixing:

1. Using Windows Regedit utility - find the Registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\C ommon\General

2. Go to the value named: "DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane" and choose the
value "1" (i.e. do not dismiss) or "0" (i.e. do dismiss).

Remark: Of course, the subkey "10.0" is for Word 2002/XP users, whereas
the subkey "11.0" should be considered (in place of "10.0") by the users
of Word 2003. ...".

Well, my present questions to you is:

1. Is it the only one Registry Hive (as cited above) that should be
considered in order to arrange "a manual" fixing of the problem. And
what about HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE or (possibly) other Hives?.

2. In my opinion, we should check the setting ("0" or "1") of the
mentioned above Windows registry subkey value - everytime - when
something is going wrong with the "unhappy" MS Word Task Pane device. Am
I right?; i.e. will it to solve the problem completely - up to the next
Microsoft Office update?.

Best regards,
--
Andrzej (Ajakibs)