Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kate

Default Clearing all "Styles In Use"!!

OK, this is getting ridiculous. I have finally been reduced to saving my
document as text-only and then opening it again, in hopes that I could
redefine every one of the styles I'd created for ONE CERTAIN DOCUMENT, but
NO! There those old styles are AGAIN, even when I choose to view "Styles In
Use." What is the deal?!

I'm a veteran word processor of many years; I thought I knew the ins and
outs. But (fortunately and unfortunately) I only use Word (2003, Win XP)
occasionally now. I'm not stupid. I'm tech savvy. I know the diff between
formatting and styles. I know I can't delete "Normal," etc. But apparently
there's still something I don't know.

PLEASE enlighten me before my head explodes (and my boss fires me).