WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I get the chi-square symbol in Word

Yes, the chi-square symbol does exist in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can insert it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the chi-square symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select "More Symbols."
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Greek and Coptic" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the chi-square symbol (it looks like an "X" with a small "2" in the upper right corner).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The chi-square symbol should now be inserted into your document.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut to insert the chi-square symbol. Press and hold the "Alt" key, then type "234" on the numeric keypad (make sure "Num Lock" is on). When you release the "Alt" key, the chi-square symbol should appear.