Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Samy Samy is offline

Default Split a mail merge document into individual documents

Hi
I am not very technically inclined but I can generally help myself but I am
currently stumped. I have tried to make the change to the macro as described
below and I keep getting a message that the project is unviewable. I am
using Office 2007. The add-in works very well but instead of a single page
document I have three pages. Please help...

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In place of the

Documents.Add

command in the macro, use

Documents.Add Template:="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" _
& "\Templates\Memos\Professional Memo.dot"replacing 'C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office" _
& "\Templates\Memos\Professional Memo.dot"

With the name of the template used to create the mail merge main document.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shelly Faye" wrote in message
Thank you for your "splitmergeletter" macro - it really helps - except for
one thing - formatting is coorect when I merge to new doc - it changes the
font only when I execute your macro??!!

Why?

The original letter is in Arial, the resulting letters are in Arial, the
split letters are in Times New Roman - and as there is a specific look on
the
page - eg letterhead also in Arial, we want to preserve the original look.

Thank you for your help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

leedelee wrote:
How do I take a mail merge document and then split it up into
individual documents to save each letter in a separate place?