Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Default Another great example of how Word 2007 "brings commands closer to the surface"

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:49:51 -0500, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

For those who want a dedicated screen capture utility that is really
full-featured (and still very affordable), I recommend SnagIt
(www.techsmith.com).

It all depends what are the user's actual needs.
There is no point in having a "really" full-featured application if only a
few of these features are ever used.
Most screen captures that I personally ever make can be done with
"FastStone Capture" for free. And I would assume this to be the case with
most ordinary end-users. Why should we fork out $40 for additional features
that we would never use? What's more, "SnagIt" has got few extra features
that would not be available in "FastStone Capture".

Also note that a lot of users own a dedicated graphic application such as
Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. These applications can make screen captures
too. And they are as "full-featured" as "SnagIt" can be. Whenever I need
the extra features (especially editing features), I use Paint Shop Pro. But
"FastStone Capture" answsers most ordinary needs. Especially when all the
user wants to do is send a (few) screen capture(s) of his customisation of
the Word UI...
--
Cheers
Robert