Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
confused template confused template is offline

Default word 2003 template has been written over. How?

Hi,
I have created a template in word 2003 (yes, it is correctly saved as a .dot
file) for general use on a network. Twice now people have opend the template,
written what they want to write then saved, only to find they have saved over
the original template. What is there is still a template with the same name.
I just can't figure out how this is happening. Whenever I open it, I get a
new word doc opening. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?