Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default After two years using it... still cannot get used to it

Did you put the commands you actualy use onto the Quick Access Toolbar
(QAT) and position it below the Ribbon?

The single QAT is a lot more convenient than the old plethora of
toolbars in 2003.

And you may find, as I did, that OO doesn't come close to meeting the
needs you're accustomed to having taken care of by Word.

On Feb 23, 5:12*pm, JBGM wrote:
Please allow users to bring the old menus back. *The "genius" who spearheaded
the change in the menus in Office 2007, i.e. the ribbon interface, should be
fired. It is EXTREMELY frustrating having to go through all these clicks and
visual menus to find simple options that were more intuitively placed in
previous versions of Office. Do you think that younger people are unable to
read so you have to put pictures for the newer generations? *It is so
frustrating that I have decided to leave this message, and let you know that
as of today, after using Office for... how many years? 15? 20?... I quit. No
more crappy Office 2007 menus. As of today I change to Open Office. Do you
think I am the only one frustrated? Practically every person I know is
lamenting the change. The new menu organization is ridiculous. *

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....mspx?mid=e745....