Jay Freedman

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:21:05 -0800, "DavidOhioHeart"
wrote:

I saved a version of a document that did not include a weeks work. I have not
closed my session. Is there any way I can recover the earlier version. It
does not appear on the versions selection under "File"

Thanks for any help

Dave

Hi Dave,

As long as you haven't closed the session, you should be able to use
Undo repeatedly to restore most or all of the information. Then save
again, or at least use Save As to create a different file.

To give you some protection against a repetition, go into Tools
Options Save and turn on "Always make a backup copy". This is *not*
a substitute for making separate backups of your documents -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/AutomaticSave.htm -- but it may
save you some hair-pulling.

--
Regards,