Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Formatting Table Cell margins

If the layout from Word 97 is the same as that in later versions (it has
been a while since I used 97) then Table Properties will be on the Table
menu when the Table is selected (Table Select Table).

megadari wrote:
On May 10, 10:22 pm, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Labels are merely a table with fixed cell sizes. Select the table
then Table
Properties and format the cells as you require them. Horizntally
centred

text is a simple text formatting parameter (CTRL+E). Save the edited
merge document for re-use.

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

megadari wrote:
I am trying to do an import from Access 97 into Word 97 for a Mail
Merge for printing labels. The problem is that the data comes in to
the Main Document in the form of labels but the text is flush left
and top in each cell. They need to be centered horizontally and
vertically in the cell with left justification.

How do I format the margins on the Cell? (rather just the table).

Pat- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for your response. There is no "properties" on the Tools
Menu on my Word 97. I'm afraid I'm pretty green on Word.

Pat