+-Steve-+

Thanks, I am not at work today but will try that next week.

Steve

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Steve

Try using the StyleRef field referencing the heading level and use the /n
switch to insert just the number and not the full heading.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"+-Steve-+" wrote in message
:I am writing a very structured document with some figures that I would
like
: to automatically number the same as the automatically numbered sections
of
: the document where they reside. The numbering of the sections is done
with
: the Heading styles. Is there a way to make the figure in that the
section
: have the number as the section? in other words I want a figure in
section
: 4.2.3.2 to have the name "Fig 4.2.3.2",
:
: SteveK
:
: