Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Running up against the limit in Excel 2003

I find it hard to imagine a mail merge that needs that many fields.
However, if you do need to exceed the 255 column limit of Excel, you can use
a .csv file as the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AndyC812" wrote in message
I have created an application in Excel that collects data for eventual
merging into a Word mail merge document. It is so large that I am running
out of columns in Excel for new merge fields (I am using 250 of possible
255). My question - is there a better way to get my data fields from
Excel
into Word (CSV file, XML?) ? Can this be automated?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Andy