Graham Mayor

Default Remove duplicate text lines in a Word doc

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm one of the examples
concerns the removal of adjacent duplicate entries.

Lili Vivanco wrote:
We printed all the records in our database for QA/QC before dumping
them into a new database.
I used Word to remove extra line breaks and that worked very well.
But I noticed that some text lines (of the title field) are
duplicated in some records-- the consequence of a previous
conversion.
Is there a way I can use Word (macro, find & replace of
formatting--what??)
to remove the dupicate text lines? There are almost 8,000 pages of
printed records and I would hate to have to find them and change them
one by one.
If Word cannot do that, does anyone know what else might work?
Thank you for anything at all. Even a no will save me from hours of
reading help columns.