Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AJL AJL is offline

Default How do I add writing on top of a picture in word?

Thank you very much for explaining! I was able to accomplish it.

Alyce

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on your photo. This will display the Picture toolbar. Click on the
Text Wrapping button (dog icon). Select In Line With Text.

2. Now choose Insert | Text Box. You'll get a cross-hair pointer. Draw the
text box in front of the picture (and don't worry about what happens next).

3. Double-click on the border of the text box (or right-click on it and
choose Format Text Box). Either will open the Format Text Box dialog.

4. The visible tab will be Colors and Lines. Choose No Fill for the color
and No Line for the line.

5. Click on the Layout tab and choose In Front of Text.

6. Click OK. Now type in your text box. You can also resize it as needed.

This is the proper method if you have just a little text to put on top of a
picture. If you have a lot of text and want to put the picture behind it,
then type the text in your document and format your picture as Behind Text.

If you're trying to do this with labels, see
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

"AJL" wrote in message
Thanks for answering.

I'm afraid this info is above my knowledge.
I don't know what "In Line with Text" is.

The first thing I did was add photo to document. Then I tried using a text
box. But then couldn't find a way to put this on top of the photo picture.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming the picture is In Line With Text, insert a text box (with No

Line
and No Fill) and format it as In Front of Text. Type your text there.

How do I add writing on top of a picture in word? I am trying to make

label. I inserted a picture into a word document. Now I want to add a

name
and date on top of the picture. Can anyone help me do this?

Thanks in advance.
Alyce