thelisha

Thank you for responding, it seems I am having difficultly with that very
feature "include chapter number". Every time I mark the checkbox to use the
chapter numbers, I get the message that "there is no chapter number to
include in the caption or page number . . ." It tells me to use the Bullets
and Numbering command to do that, and I believe that is where my problem
begins. I am not sure what it means when they want you to link the heading
styles to numbering? Perhaps I am making this harder than it truly is and
my understanding of this feature may be wrong, but I am not sure how to go
about doing this. I applied styles and everything else in the TOC is correct
except for the page numbering. My page numbering is showing up as I wish in
the text in this format (1-10) but I do not understand the concept of
getting the page numbers to show up that way in the TOC. Any other assistance
would be greatly appreciated!
Thelisha

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The TOC will not include chapter numbers unless they have been made part of
the page number using the "Include chapter number" feature. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

"thelisha" wrote in message
Hello,
I am having a tough time figuring out why the page numbers in my TOC are

not
showing up correctly. I thought I was pretty Word savvy but I do not know
what it is that I am doing wrong. I am formatting a policy manual at my

job
and they want the page numbers to be formatted as such; 1-10 meaning

Chapter
1 page 10. The numbers show up correctly in the manual but when I generate

TOC it just shows the page numbers as 1, 2, 3, etc. I have looked at some
articles on Shauna Kelly's site but my numbering is still not correct. If
anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this I would really appreciate

any
guidance!
Thank you,
Thelisha Woods