Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default TEXT IN DOTTED LINES, IS IT POSSIBLE?

I've often wondered to what extent users actually use the Outline, Emboss,
Engrave, and Shadow effects for text (much less the various blinking effects
and marching ants and such*). But your suggestion suggests to me that adding
"broken" or "dotted" as a text effect would be quite useful.

*I do know at least one MVP who formats Normal style as bright pink with
marching ants so it is easy to tell when she has missed applying a specific
paragraph style to any text. g

"StevenM" stevencraigmiller(at)comcast(dot)net wrote in message
To add to JoAnn's suggestion: Try using a simple font, like Arial, make
the letters 72 pts (or larger), and then change them from black to a light
color (for example, grey, pink, yellow, light blue). Your child could
trace
the letter just as easily as if it was dotted.

You can also add the outline effect to the letters. Goto: Format Font
and
click "outline."

Steven Craig Miller