Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PSJ PSJ is offline

Default Deleting Blank Lines

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
In the Find/Replace dialog, the code ^p represents the paragraph mark
(what you call a hard return). You can also get this by clicking the
More button, then the Special button, and choosing "Paragraph Mark"
from the list.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:26:39 -0700, "PSJ"
wrote:

I was sent a very long doc (using word 2000); there are numerous places
with
3 hard returns & I only want 1. This means I have 2 blank lines that I
need
to delete. Find/Replace does not recognize the hard return & doing it
manually will take several hours if not days. I'm sure there is a way to
do
this, I simply don't know what it is. TIA for any assistance.

Thanks to both of you -- it's a big help.
--
PSJ