Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Formating changes using the macro to merge letters to separate

The original command Creates (Documents.Add) new documents based on the
default template i.e. normal.dot.
The revised command creates the documents based on the particular named
template. Here
D:\Word Templates Path\TemplateName.dot
Change that to the path and name of the blank template you wish to use and
note that the line has broken in the e-mail editor so it should all be on
the same line.

Phil00 wrote:
Alright, so im new to this whole macro thing in word. This document
is created from a 2 page template. If I were to use this code

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="D:\Word Templates
Path\TemplateName.dot", Visible:=False)

Would i change the path to correspond where the template is? I tryed
that and got an error code indicating an error within the script.

Thanks for your prompt response though!!!

I look like a hero working on this in my office! hahaha

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The macro creates a new document for each record based on
normal.dot. If your merge document is based on some other template
then there will be some inevitable differences in formatting when
you run the macro. You could edit the code to base your merge
documents on a *blank version* of your letter template if you wish
eg change the line

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Visible:=False)
Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="D:\Word Templates
Path\TemplateName.dot", Visible:=False)

or better still create your merge documents from normal.dot

Phil00 wrote:
Hey,

I'm using the macro found on G Mayor's site to help me merge letters
to seperate files. I finally got everything working. When i dont
split the files everything runs perfect, but as soon as i use the
macro, split the files, i notice the formating becomes ruined. I now
have a combination of fonts in the document as well as what seem to
be random page and section breaks.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Phil