Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Default why do I get a different footer when copying and pasting text

Hi Dawn,

If the material that you are copying contains any section breaks, those
section breaks will be copied into your document along with the configuration
of the headers and footers that are embedded within them. A section break may
look like a little thing, but a lot of information is stored in it. When you
copy a section break from one document into another, you create the section
preceding it, and that section will have the headers and footers defined in
the source document.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Dawn Cole" wrote:

I have a document that I want to copy chunks of into another document, but
when I paste it into the new document it completely changes the footer and
doesn't match the original or the new documents' footers - does anyone know
why this happens and how I can stop this happening please?