Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Final vs. Final Showing Markup View of Word 2003

The best way to fix this would be to unprotect the document, accept all
changes, and then protect it again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Final vs. Final Showing Markup" Final vs. Final Showing
wrote in message
Is there a patch to force Word 2003 to open in the Final view instead of
Final Showing Markup? Everytime my co-workers open a Word Document, it
opens
in Final Showing Markup; this wouldn't be a problem if there aren't any
strike-throughs or comment bubbles popping up when they open the document.
But, when we have edited these forms in the past, the Track Changes option
was on, so any changes we have made have been noted in this fashion. The
users of the form do not need to see this - so please let me know if there
is
a patch or macro that will force the program to open in Final view
instead.