Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

Default insert arrow in document

Excellent. Thanks to all.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The arrows produced by AutoCorrect are in the Wingdings font. To get a down
arrow to match the one produced by --, use character 226 in Wingdings.

"Kelly" wrote in message
For the most part, this was very helpful. I am specifically trying to
match
the font of a right arrow. The auto correct feature in word creates a
right
arrow when you type "--". I would like to see a down arrow with this
same
formatting and using the 2193 code does not seem to produce the desired
result even though I am in the same font. Suggestions?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Kelly wrote:
How do I add a down arrow in a word document?

In most of the fonts usually used for body text, the down arrow character
will be Unicode value 2193. In recent versions of Word, you can type the
number 2193 in the text and then press Alt+X to convert it to the
character.
In all versions you can use the Insert Symbol dialog
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...SpecChars.htm).

Alternatively, you can use one of the special symbol fonts, such as
Wingdings 3, that have a larger selection of arrows.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman