CyberTaz

Hello-

You actually answered your own question in your original post.

Regardless of file format, 72 ppi (although you stated 'dpi') is ample for
web display, but totally inadequate for print purposes... unless the image
consists strictly of large areas of solid color (logos, not photos for
example) and is _not_ being stretched (much) in the doc where it is included
for printing. If both conditions are met, some low-res gifs and pngs may
print OK. Otherwise there just isn't enough image data. What you are seeing
in Word is what you will get on paper.

For printing, you need a second copy of the image defined in higher
resolution and appropriate print dimensions, and saved in tiff (or, less
desirably, jpg) format.

Regards |:)

On 7/30/05 12:05 AM, in article
, ".ep"
wrote:

Thanks, that's very useful. I can move it around with the layout set to
Tight. Now if only I could get my image, without resizing in Word, to
be original dimensions.