Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jessica

Default Why doesn't the "New Email Message" icon work in Word anymore?

Why doesn't the "New Email Message" icon work in Word anymore? I am
referring to the icon in the toolbar that allows you to draft a Word doc (or
Excel, etc) and click on the icon and the document is sent as an email. It
used to work. Now it is replaced by an icon called "permission". I read the
info provided by MS and it seems that this is causing the problem. How can I
disable this security to allow myself to be able to once again email
documents without going back to Outlook and pasting or attaching? Thanks for
any help!