Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
j lunis j lunis is offline

Default Is this a table?

Sorry if this is not the proper ng but from reviewing posts here, mine
seems relevant. A search of the MS web site and Google did not turn up
an answer.

Vista Home Premium / Word 2000

I have scanned some documents into Word and the formatting(?) seems to
work very well. My problem is I have a couple of documents I need to
modify. Specifically (and I admit I do not know the lingo), I want to
add a field to an existing document.
Scanned documents have tabable fields - I can tab from one field to the
next. I want to add a field to the document but I can't find in 'Tables
and Borders' how to do this. None of the choices seem to give me the
same type of field.
How do I add a field to a Word document?