Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Envelopes mail merge not printing all the envelopes - Word 2007

A couple of suggestions you could try

Merge to a new document then use the following macro to print the document

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a
' mailmerge as a separate file.
'
Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
Counter = 1
While Counter Letters
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _
From:="s" & Format(Counter), To:="s" & Format(Counter)
Counter = Counter + 1
Wend
End Sub

or

Try using one of the sample envelopes you can download from my web site as
the basis of the merge, and set the merge type to letter. Ensure that the
print options are set to the correct tray then merge normally.

Tammy wrote:
Hi,

I have a user who is trying to print envelopes using Word 2007 mail
merge. As far as I can tell, all steps have been handled correctly,
and when we preview them, all the envelopes are there. When we try to
print, however, only the first envelope prints, and then there is an
error on the printer that says "Tray 1 Load Plain Com 10." There are
plenty of envelopes already loaded.

We have tried printing "All," specified the exact records to print
(1-525), and have tried the "Edit individual letters..." option.
"All" and using the exact number of records options print just one
envelope. If we "Edit individual letters..." the printer just prints
an error page, no envelopes.

We are using Word 2007, and Vista OS. Does this sound like a printer
problem? I can't see in Word where she is going wrong. I couldn't
find any topics in the discussion groups that matched this problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!