Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default What style is currently applied

Beth Melton wrote:
Yeah, unlike some of the other commands that were simply removed from the UI
but you can still access them using VBA, the "white text on blue background"
option is one that has been complete removed.

Oh, I have no quarrel with removing that particular view option.
Changing windows window settings usually brings me there when I really
need it.

BUT you could use the Page Color command, found on the Page Setup tab. If
you select a dark background then Word will automatically change the font
color accordingly. If you aren't printing the page background then the
document will also print correctly. You'd just need to remember to change
the page background to back to white before sharing it with someone else.

I cannot help but wonder: it seems tricky at best when Office starts to
guess the font color. I haven't encountered any bad surprises so far,
but can imagine to end up in white-on-white (under weird circumstances,
no doubt :-)).

Greetinx
Robert
--