Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default how to draw horizontal line in word document

Like I said - the answer is in the Help file. Hold the Shift key down while
you're drawing the line.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"frank" wrote in message
Thanks. I had tried the Shapes but could not see how to draw a simple
straight line across the page. I think that your reply will help. Will now
go
away and try.

"djprius" wrote:

frank wrote:
in office 2007 I cannot see how to draw a horizontal line in a letter.

I think you want, in Word 2007:

Home | Paragraph Group | Second Row at far right: This is the Borders
and Shading Icon.

(What shows, and the screen tip, is the last selection you've made.)

If you click the drop-down arrow at the right of the icon, you'll see a
menu. "Horizontal Line" is towards the bottom.

You could use a bottom border instead of the graphic "horizontal line",
if that better suits your needs.

David