Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Multiple inappropriate spacing

Ah, no, I don't guess there's anything that will catch that except F&R or
eyeballing. That's why I keep NPC displayed all the time. If only other
users would switch the display *once* before sending out a document, they'd
realize why I describe their manuscripts as a dog's breakfast. g

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
But the OP was referring to her client's tendency to add
2-5 spaces between individual words, not sentences.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

There's a setting in the grammar checker. For "spaces between

sentences,"
you can select 1, 2, or "don't check." If you select 1 or 2, Word will
highlight instances of nonconforming use.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
I thought of both of those options, but the user was CONVINCED there

was a
setting in spell check. So far as I can see, no there's not! I will
approach her with the macro idea. Thanks for responding!!!

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
Dawn's suggestion is the best approach yet. I approached
the problem by trying to invoke AutoCorrect but it won't
accept blanks in the "from" and "to" fields. Drat! That had
promise because it could correct improper spacing on the fly.

Instruct your user to concentrate on not hitting the spacebar
multiple times between words. It's an undesirable technique.

"Dawn Crosier" wrote in message
I would create a macro which performs the Find/Replace All and add

that
as a command button on his / her toolbar. Then all they have to do

is
click the button.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
| Word 2002, SP-3
|
| A user often hits the spacebar multiple times between words, 3-4

times
| sometimes. The spell checker does not catch those spaces as

being
| incorrect. What is a good way to have Word remove these

inappropriate
| spaces automatically? The user does not want to have to do a
Find/Replace