Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave Shaw Dave Shaw is offline

Default Mail Merge - If statement

I would suggest that you insert a field code such as:

{ IF {MERGEFIELD Contact Name} = "No Contact" "The Manager" "{MERGEFIELD
Contact Name}"}

To do the above ensure you can see field codes - Tools, Options, view, field
codes, and insert the {} using Ctrl + F9

Hope this helps

Dave

"Nieve" wrote:

Hi

I have a mail merge letter to send to potential clients.

Some of the data in one merge field (Contact Name) is 'No Contact'. I
want to set a rule in the mail merge template that says when the data 'No
Contact' is merged it is replaced with 'The Manager'. Is there a way of doing
this?

(I know I could do Find and Replace ('No Contact' with 'The Manager') in
excel (where the data is stored), or when the mail merge is completed. This
is not a solution however, as I simply need the template to do it for me).

Thanks

Nieve