Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mm18 mm18 is offline

Default Copying content of HTML Document

Thank you for your reply. I am aware that I can get the text by right
clicking on 'Toggle Field Codes'. When the document contains many hyperlinks,
this is a slow, tedious process. There was a time, before I made whatever
changes the Microsoft adviser recommended, that I could copy the text of the
HTML document and it would be directly readable, without the hyperlinks, and
I am trying to get back to that point.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

try this:
Right-click on any hyperlink and select Toggle Field Codes.

mm18 wrote:
Sometime ago, I posted a question on the Microsoft forum that involved
wanting to keep the original creation date of a Word document when I
retrieved it. The Word program was changing the date to the current date. A
Microsoft adviser responded with the suggested changes I needed to make.

However, I now have another problem because of this. If I copy some text
from a Web HTML document and copy it to Word, the document is full of
hyperlinks and the text is unreadable unless I manually go through the text
and convert all the hyperlinks to text. This is not a usable solution.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.