Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] marcelma@gmx.net is offline

Default WinWord 2007 messes up styles

Hello Stefan,

"Messed up" means in this context that the assignment of styles to the paragraphs of the text is no longer what I have done, but seems to follow a partial random order. Partial, because it never concerns all styles, only a selection is being randomly assigned, while others are uneffected. It seems that the style definitions concerning font-size etc. are not being kept either. I say "it seems", because after saving and re-opening the texts often look so different that I haven't quite figured out yet what the exact source of the difference might be, whether it is only random re-assignment of styles or whether the styles are being re-defined too. Unfortunately I can't exactly re-produce this effect at will. I can provoke it (for example by deleting self-defined styles) but the result is always different.

Marcel