Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Insert formatted "blank" page before odd section break?

Hi Brandon,

You might get better results with:
{IF {=MOD({PAGE},2)=0} "" {QUOTE 12 "This page is intentionally left blank."}}section break
Note that the section break follows the field, instead of being within it, and you don't need an 'odd page' section break. The '12'
in the QUOTE field creates the page break.

Also make sure you create all the field brace pairs (ie '{ }') with Ctrl-F9.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Brandon" crimson"underscore"m"at"hotmail.com wrote in message ...
Word 2003.

I have a long document and I'd like to insert a formatted blank page before
an odd section break. The typical odd section break creates a truly blank
page, which looks out of place in a long document. I'd really prefer to have
the headers and footers included.

I have embedded code, but it doesn't appear to work.

{IF {=MOD({PAGE},2)=0} "" "page breakThis page is intentionally left
blank.section break (odd page)"}

First, I use the IF field to conditionally check the page number at the end
of a section. If it's even, do nothing, else it's an odd page, so insert a
blank page with some text before starting a new section on an odd page.
{=MOD({PAGE},2)=0} should return 1 for even pages, but 0 for odd pages.

Is there something wrong with the syntax? It keeps printing an unformatted
blank page w/o the text whenever the section ends on an odd numbered page.

Any ideas? Thanks.