Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Default typographical spaces en-, em-, thin, and number in Word.

CyberTaz wrote:
BTW - one other thought just for clarity re

A layout program...

Word *is not* (nor have I ever seen anything from MS proclaiming it
to be) a Layout program. It is & always has been a _word processing_
application, although the concessionary 'features' that have been
added over the years have created & perpetuated the misconception
that it is otherwise.

That distinction has been made many times in these newsgroups. Additionally,
you may notice that Microsoft produces a program that *is* a layout program.
It's called Publisher. I don't think MS wants to blur that separation any
more than it already does -- it would be bad for marketing.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman