Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Problem with tables in columns

Instead of inserting a manual column break, apply "Keep with next"
formatting to enough paragraphs to force the table into the next column.

"Derby" wrote in message
Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer.
I am using XP Pro with Word 2003.

I have an 8.5 x 11 document that is split into two vertical columns. At
the
top of the left column on the first page I have inserted a single cell
table
and inside the table is my heading for the information to follow. Under
the
table I list my data. When I have listed all of one type of data
(regardless
of how many full or partial colums it fills) I insert a column break to
start
the next type of data in a new column.

Now the problem. After inserting the column break I have a space at the
top
of the next column. When I insert my next single cell table (for the next
heading), it is not at the top of the column because of the space.

I can not figure out how to get subsequent tables to align to the top of
the
column. The table I start the first column with is always at the top, but
after each column break I end up with a space that I can't get rid of. Any
suggestions?

Thanks - you guys are always a great help.

Jim