Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Raza Raza is offline

Default Hyperlinks and html images in mailmerge

I'm trying to achieve the following via Mail Merge (initiated by MS CRM 4).

We are creating a marketing email that is supposed to have hyperlinks tagged
with the lead id. E.g. http://www.ultralearn.com/default.aspx?leadid=abcd-efgh

Although this is doable but the entire link must be visible as text. If I do
Ctl+K and place the link in there, the mail merge doesn't replace the lead id
merge field. It remains as ?leadid=Lead.

I found a macro-solution. I wrote the macro and yes I can append the field
to the hyperlink.address. But I'm not able to use this document that has the
macro in it, in the mail merge. CRM will not allow me to upload a word doc
with macro. I must send the emails from CRM, so that CRM knows that emails
have been sent to which leads.

Another issue is that I want to place an image in the mail that pulls
dynamically from a website. E.g. img
src="http://www.ultralearn.com/abcd.gif" /

In other words, when a recepient opens their email, the image should load
from the http location and not embedded in the word doc itself.

I am unable to find a place to insert such an html.

Please advise.

Thanks