Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Default Way back machine

You need to make a friend with a computer with a CD burner and broadband.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote in
message ink.net...

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote in
message link.net...

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hi Alt,

I don't know for sure that it will do the job, and I'm not going to
install
Word 95 myself to find out, but try FreeWheel
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html), a free
utility.

--

Jay, thanks for the help. Unfortunately the program did not work. I
guess I will just have to weigh my options and decide if I would rather

Alt.

You might try OpenOffice (free) from http://www.openoffice.org/

Chuck, thanks for the suggestion. Although I am sure that Open Office
would work great I am on a regular dial up connection and it seems to be a
large file to download. I realize I could order the CD but I think it
would still be too large for my taste and it probably drains your system
resources and memory also. I really like the simplicity of Word 95 and
the small footprint, that is why I hesitate to install Word Perfect 12.
It, like Open Office, is way up in the hundreds of megabytes in size.

Alt.