Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

Default Way back machine

There is little reason to change if the Word version you have works well
on your hardware and has all the features you need,

The wheel mouse will work with some software using the Windows dirvers.
I.e., there is no need to install the drivers that come with the mouse or
are downloadable from microsoft.com. There is another group of software
that needs the support provided by that software. Also, there is software
that cannot take advantage of some of the wheel mouse's capabilities.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try the latest mouse software.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote in
message news : Hello group,
:
: I would like to take you all on a journey back to the year 1995 and
talk
: about the product that is known as Word 95 or some also called it Word
7.0
: . I still use it, that's right, on my home computer because it is
small,
: fast, uncluttered, no cartoon people or objects popping up at you, and
: reliable. I don't share Word documents with anyone, I just use it to
: store documents that mean something to me and are only for my use, so I
: don't really need to upgrade.
:
: My question is this, using XP Home running Word 95, is their any type
of
: anything that I can use, or install, or copy, or paste, or change, or
add
: to make the auto scroll wheel on a mouse work with Word 95. I am
quickly
: getting tired of having to use the up/down scroll buttons to navigate
: through a document and would like to be able to use the scroll wheel
like
: you can with Word 97, etc...
:
: Thanks,
:
: Alt.
:
: --
: "Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, 5-II, 227, all unsolicited commercial
: email sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in
: the amount of $500. Emailing me constitutes an acceptance of these
: terms."
:
: