googlesnarfers

Default letters changed into symbols doing a standard font change - why?

I have a file that I saved in Word 7.0 It was a template document from "CD
Stomper" . I wanted to change the font from Comic to Arial. All the letters
changed into squares. I can revert back to Comic, but when I attempt to
change the font to anything else (literally) all other fonts show up as
squares.

It does not happen when I start up a new document, just the one that is
already existing. What gives? Can I fix the original document? Or should I
just give it up and start brand new? (Yuck)