Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default "remove blank lines"+"Mail Merge"

In Word 2007 the option is set to "Don't print blank lines" by default.

But you can modify the setting either by putting the old Mail Merge
Helper in the QAT (Word Office Button-Word Options-Customize-Choose
commands from All Commands, locate Mail Merge Helper and drag it to the
right hand column) and using the third button, or by using VBA to issue

activedocument.MailMerge.SuppressBlankLines = True

(or False!)

Thanks. I tried both and I got 'closer' but MS Word 2007 wouldn't

always
line the data up properly and other times it would throw an

additional '$' on
the line.

Do you actually have a variety of different formats of amount in your
data source (e.g. some with just 1.23, some with $1.23, etc.?)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

John wrote:
Peter and macropod,

Thanks. I tried both and I got 'closer' but MS Word 2007 wouldn't always
line the data up properly and other times it would throw an additional '$' on
the line.

I've seen several posts about a feature that perhaps other (prior) versions
of MS Word had and either 2007 hides it or I just can't find it. The feature
I wanted to try was a switch that said "Don't print blank lines". I've
searched high and low and can't seem to find that switch. I'm not saying it
would solve my problem but I would like to turn it on (if it exists in MS
Word 2007).

Many thanks.