Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Default Drop down menus in Word 2003 are not visible.

Do you mean the drop down menu or the standard or formatting toolbar? I know
with the drop down menu some of the options, i.e., cut and paste, are not
available until you select the text to be edited/formatted.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

GringoStarr wrote:
I am having a problem with Word 2003. When I select an option from
the tool bar, the corresponding button does not appear, only a
"washed out" border where the drop-down menu should be.

This is driving me nuts. It just started.

See See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman